Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Measurable Memories

I am so thrilled to brag that I'm going to be an Aunt! My oldest cousin is pregnant with the first Great-Grandchild of the [Cunning]Ham-Fam. We celebrated the little guy this past weekend and I couldn't post my latest creation until I presented it to the Mommy to be!

Growing up, my mother tracked our growth on the door jam of her closet. Looking back on it, if they ever moved those memories would be lost forever! So I decided to make what I'm trying to market at this years Fall Fest "Measurable Memories"

 -----------------------

I started with pre-cut 6' poplar wood and stained it with my Kona stain.




 I used vice grips and a wash cloth to clamp down my measuring tape to make sure everything was equally measured.



I marked off each quarter inch, half inch, 6" and 1', 2/16  on either side to make sure that the line was bold enough.


Andrew helped me pre-drill holes for the numbers and screw them on.



I decided I liked the numbers running horizontal instead of vertical.



This one is a little dark in the picture, but the stain matches the wood and furniture in their house!



I am currently taking orders for customizable growth charts. Colors available are, grey, turquoise, red, white and stain. Number colors include white, silver and black.
With 15 different color combinations there's lots of options!
Only $45.00

Leave you comments below if you're interested in a Measurable Memory!

Little baby Taylor is expected to be tall just like mommy and daddy, I hope in 18 years 6.5' is tall enough to continue to track his growth!

I love you already,
xoxo, AUNT

No comments:

Post a Comment