Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Great-Grandmas 1930's Vanity

This is by far one of the most beautiful transformations I have done thus far. I am especially happy about this project because my mom helped me!

We are going to display this vintage family heirloom at my wedding reception where we place wedding photos of our parents and grandparents wedding days. (I will post the pictures when it all comes together on wedding day).

This piece was in my parents upstairs bonus room housing a tv, playstation and other junk! It wasn't given the justice it deserved for being such a wonderful piece.


We chose to paint the whole piece in Paris Grey chalk paint, and really extenuate the drawers and hardware with Old white. 
With the two of us knocking it out, we got the main portion done before dark!

 
To finish it up, we decided to paint the mirror spokes grey, and the frame of the mirror in white!

Here is a sneak peak of what's to come Aug 2, 2014!!! Pictured on the right (though hard to see) are my grandparents on their wedding day, and a picture of my great grandmother (who's vanity this is) as a toddler on the left.


Thanks for stopping by! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment