Friday, March 28, 2014

Card Catalog inspired table

I found this table online and the second I saw the drawers I knew I had to have it!



This abused piece of furniture took a lot of sanding, putty and paint to go from drab to fab!!! The carvings the previous owners dug into the wood were really deep and I had to putty them because sanding it down would have taken forever.



It only too two coats of paint and a light sand to give this piece a sleek finish. I took my Valspar Woodlawn Valley Haze paint that I painted my living room with to Lowe's where I got it from, and asked if they could re-tint it for me.

The guy working the paint section was very nice, and lightened the paint about 4 shades. 



I ordered 6 vintage card holder pulls from this antique hardware store in Portland, OR and put them on the drawer fronts to give the illusion that instead of just two drawers, there were 6.


I'm so happy I went with the antiqued brass, I love the way it blends with the light green color of the table! With just a level and a impact drill, I put all 6 pulls on evenly by myself!



Thanks for reading!!
xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment